• Sonko also revealed that his fumigation of Nairobi estates and slums, distribution of food, free masks and sanitisers had been suspended by the Interior ministry.
NAIROBI- The war between Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko and Interior PS Karanja Kibicho got ugly on Wednesday when the embattled county boss resorted to social media tantrums following the vandalism of his sanitisation booths.
“May the Lord punish all the senior government officers at the OP [Office of the President] who gave instructions for the Kibra, Kencom and Buruburu sanitization booths erected by SRT [Sonko Rescue Team] to be vandalised by the police,” Sonko posted on his social media accounts.
Sonko also revealed that his fumigation of Nairobi estates and slums, distribution of food, free masks and sanitisers had been suspended by the Interior ministry.
“May those who have suspended our daily fumigation of Nairobi estates and slums, distribution of food, free masks and sanitizers rot in hell and burn in hell-fire including the Ps Karanja Kibicho and RC [Regional Coordinator] Nairobi Wilson Njega who have behaved like the brood of vipers which were condemned to hell,” Sonko ranted.
“in the book of Mathew 23:33 which says “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?”
“Lord God you always hear our prayers in time of need. Lord of heaven you have never disappointed me. Lord hear the prayer of your servant. Lord your word says service to humanity is service to you God. God protect your great people of Nairobi and Kenyans in general against the deadly corona pandemic,” the Nairobi county chief said.
On Tuesday, he accused Kibicho of ordering the vandalism of a walk through sanitisation booth in Kibra.
“I am saddened by the vandalism that occurred earlier today supervised by the Kibra Deputy County Commissioner allegedly with instructions from the Nairobi Regional Coordinator [Wilson Njega] who also confirmed the removal of the new public sanitization booth installed at the Kibra DCC’s offices,” Governor Sonko said.
“The Regional Coordinator confirmed the instructions were from Interior PS @Karanjakibicho. Recently, my colleague @HassanAliJoho launched public sanitization booths, in partnership with the Suleiman Shahbal Foundation and nobody has had a problem with that,” Sonko tweeted.
On April 11, the national government has banned the uncoordinated direct distribution of food and non-food donations following chaos in Kibra. Instead, the interior ministry said it has developed a framework that will ensure dignified distribution. This followed chaos in Kibra during the distribution of donations by former Prime Minister Raila Odinga.
Donations, the ministry said, should be given through the Kenya Covid-19 Emergency Response Fund, in Nairobi, and the offices of governors and county commissioners in the counties. Interior CS Fred Matiang’i said the government made the decision after the breach of social distancing guidelines as set out by the Ministry of Health and the resultant disorder.