NAIROBI – Embattled Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko has accused Interior PS Karanja Kibicho of ordering the vandalism of a walk through sanitisation booth in Kibra.
“I am saddened by the vandalism that occurred earlier today supervised by the Kibra Deputy County Commissioner allegedly with instructions from the Nairobi Regional Coordinator [Wilson Njega] who also confirmed the removal of the new public sanitization booth installed at the Kibra DCC’s offices,” Governor Sonko said on Tuesday.
He went on to say the instructions were from PS Kibicho, who they have had altercations in the past.
“The Regional Coordinator confirmed the instructions were from Interior PS @Karanjakibicho. Recently, my colleague @HassanAliJoho launched public sanitization booths, in partnership with the Suleiman Shahbal Foundation and nobody has had a problem with that,” Sonko tweeted.
“Earlier today we launched new public sanitization booths at Kencom, Kibra and Buruburu in our enhanced efforts to keep Nairobi safe from Covid-19. This first batch is part of the first fifty (50) booths that arrived yesterday to be installed in various open and public spaces across the City,” the Governor added.
On Monday, Sonko launched the installation of 50 public sanitisation booths in the city in effortsto curb the spread of coronavirus.
“Earlier today we launched new Public Sanitization Booths at Kencom, Kibra and Buruburu in our enhanced efforts to keep Nairobi safe from COVID-19. This first batch is part of the first fifty (50) booths that arrived yesterday to be installed in various open and public spaces across the City,” Sonko said on Monday.
Kenyatta National Hospital management led by the CEO Dr Evanson Kamuri thanked Sonko for the initiative, having installed one of the booths at the entrance to the facility.
Sonko, who is facing corruption charges, has previously accused Kibicho of sabotage at City Hall.