ASMARA – Eritrea no longer has a coronavirus case.
Eritrea Health ministry says the last Covid-19 patient has fully recovered and has been discharged from hospital.
“This milestone means all 39 confirmed cases in the country to-date have recovered fully”.
Essentially, Eritrea no longer has any confirmed cases.
“One patient has recovered fully after standard tests at the National Laboratory and was released from hospital today. This result means that all 39 confirmed cases in the country to-date have recovered fully. But as underlined last week, this important milestone should not induce complacency at this point in time,” Information Minister Yemane Meskel said in a statement said on Friday.
The ministry said every citizen should continue to fully adhere to the government guidelines until the ongoing task of detailed and comprehensive assessment to gauge the spread of the pandemic in the entire country with full certainty is accomplished.